4way16mux

Neriya
This post was updated on .
I tried building a 4 way 16 mux out of 3 mux16's, but the hardware simulator has some problem with syntax and I can't catch the problem.

 It claims "sel[1]: the specified sub bus is not in bus range".
Is it possible that the fact there are two pins named sel (1 from mux16 and one local) creates the problem?
thanks

Re: 4way16mux

Your HDL is correct. Make sure that the IN line has sel[2].

Did you start with the supplied Mux4Way16.hdl skeleton file?

If you become a registered user you can email me your complete Mux4Way16.hdl file and I'll take a look at it (More > Reply to author).

Please edit your post to remove the correct solution.

Re: 4way16mux

Neriya
Thanks, now it worked without me changing anything.
no clue what the problem was.