ALU Completed

Ken Singleotn
I built my ALU and when I came to run it in the Simulator I realised I was trying to use a part that was not in the course and that I had not created - a DMux16. So I built the part anyway and used my design and the ALU all works. Is this legitimate or am I obliged to use only the parts created in the course? My ALU comprises 18 parts, 8 different parts. I am also aware that if I had combined some of the parts I used into new parts, then the ALU part count could be significantly reduced. Again, is this what I should expect or have I done the ALU incorrectly?

Re: ALU Completed

ybakos
You can create your own chips. However, what you risk is not having a unit test for that chip, as we do the others. But, if your ALU works and passes the tests, you're ok.