ALU design comparisons

moejoe125
I've completed the ALU portion of the course and got everything up to this point working correctly.
However, I have a feeling that my design is not the most efficient and was wondering if it would be possible to compare ALU designs without breaking the forum policy of not displaying all output.

Would it be ok if I displayed a schematic of my ALU and then some of you guys could do the same?

Re: ALU design comparisons

Email me your ALU and I'll send you back some alternate implementations to look at.

Re: ALU design comparisons

moejoe125
Thank you very much for the detailed information provided.
I'll need some time to go through all what you've explained in the e-mail and understand the different ALU implementations.

Thanks again.