ALU-notstat.hdl is missing

killerbean7
I downloaded the software suite from the nand2tetris site and I'm in the 2nd week's assignment. When I was about to start ALU-nostat implementation, i found out that the .hdl file was missing in the projects/02 directory. To make sure that I'd not deleted it by mistake, i checked my recycle bin too, no yield. The file is missing. How do I get the .hdl file? Should I mail the admins for the file?Snip of my projects/02 directory

Re: ALU-notstat.hdl is missing

Open up and read the comments in the The ALU-nostat.tst file. It uses the ALU.hdl chip.

The idea behind this test is that it allows you to first focus on getting the computation part of the ALU implemented and tested and then use the ALU.tst file to test your implementation of the status outputs (zr and ng).

Re: ALU-notstat.hdl is missing

killerbean7
Thanks for the quick response, will look into this!