ALU ok now what

dmoeller
So I have the 8 inputs, x,y,zx,zy,nx,ny,f,no and the 3 outputs out, zr, ng. I don't know how to send the inputs to the outputs. Its difficult to explain. Does the ALU only perform one of these things at a time? what if it performs none of them? how do i send so many inputs to just 1 output?

Re: ALU ok now what

dmoeller wrote
So I have the 8 inputs, x,y,zx,zy,nx,ny,f,no and the 3 outputs out, zr, ng. I don't know how to send the inputs to the outputs. Its difficult to explain. Does the ALU only perform one of these things at a time? what if it performs none of them? how do i send so many inputs to just 1 output?
Each pin named on the OUTPUT line is a physically separate signal; the ALU always outputs all three signals.

This is like DMux where both 'a' and 'b' outputs always have values.

Re: ALU ok now what

dmoeller
bout how do i know which one to output to out[16]?

Re: ALU ok now what

dmoeller wrote
bout how do i know which one to output to out[16]?
out[16] is always the result of the computation.
zr and ng outputs always indicate if the computation result is zero or if it is negative.

Re: ALU ok now what

dmoeller
but what if, zx, ny, and f are all 1. which one do i set as out?

Re: ALU ok now what

dmoeller wrote
but what if, zx, ny, and f are all 1. which one do i set as out?
Let's take this offline. I'll send you direct email.

--Mark