About Inc Input

Dan1984mor2017
I am creating a program counter. I am confused about the inc one bit input. I am not so sure how to do that? It makes no sense to me because I am able to increment the register but how do I use a multiplexor to a incrementor? I would think that it needs a multiplexor because no other chips offer the functionality. Can you help?

Re: About Inc Input

Take a step back and think about the more general problem.

You have four signals, A, B, C, and D, and you want some control bits to determine which of those four signals gets stored in a register. How would you do that?

Re: About Inc Input

Dan1984mor2017
Demultiplexor?

Re: About Inc Input

Think about what a demultiplexer does.

It takes a single signal and sends it out one of several output paths based on a control signal.

But you want to take multiple signals and select one of them to send to a single destination, which sounds like the opposite goal.