Another newbie joined.

Procompleter
Hi all,

My name's Mark and I'm 35.  I did some programming before but never studied CS at college level.  Most of what I know about computers I know from my personal exploration and research.

I got the book earlier this week and started with the exercises yesterday since I had all the day off from work.  I just finished simulating the Full Adder.  The hardest thing so far was understanding the syntax of the HDL, all the rest was challenging but worth all the time.

I think this is BY FAR the greatest educational projects ever made as well as being rewarding/enjoyable.  I hope the authors will consider expanding on it with other topics like optimization, networking, Filing Systems, Parallel processing... the possibilities are many.

I plan to make the most out of this learning experience.  Playing with HDL got me interested in Verilog and I already plan to use this course as a springboard to learn more things in depth.

Because  Computer Science, while I haven't studied it academically due to unfortunate circumstance; THIS is where my passion really lies.  And I figured that it is never too late.

Re: Another newbie joined.

Eden
What are the best material you know of for understanding optimization, networking, Filing Systems, Parallel processing..?