Average time it takes to fill screen?

patrickcola
This post was updated on .
I was just wondering what the average time it takes to the fill the screen? My implementation writes one register at a time with the value of -1. At the rate it's going, it would take 5-10 minutes to fill the screen.

Is there quicker way to fill the entire screen?

Re: Average time it take to fill screen?

Mark sure that you have selected Animate: No animation and set the sped slider to Fast.  My Fill.asm takes about 1/2 second to fill the screen.

Re: Average time it take to fill screen?

patrickcola
Thanks, the "Animate: No animation" was the reason it was running so slow.

Re: Average time it take to fill screen?

dansan
Ah! This had me scratching me head for a while. I could not figure out how I could expect to black out the screen in response to a user pressing a key, when it was taking soooo long to paint.  Forums have had all the answers I need so far :-)  Haven't had this much fun since college!