Built-in

kinandjerry
When using built-in chips, how should we signify that they are being used? For instance, in project 1 the implementation looked like "And(a=a, b=b....)"; should we now write "BUILTIN And(a=a, b=b...)"? I've tried the latter approach, to no avail. Any help will help--that's a tautology, of course it will help :)

Re: Built-in

ybakos
Every time you declare the use of a chip in your .hdl file, the simulator looks for an implementation of that chip in the current working directory (folder). When a corresponding .hdl file does not exist for a chip that you specify, the simulator falls back on a complete, built-in version of the chip.

Say you are working on project01/someChip.hdl. If you want the simulator to use the built-in And, you should make sure that no And.hdl file exists in the project01 directory.

Re: Built-in

kinandjerry
Ah, ok...and lightning fast response! Thanks. I really like this whole experience.