CPU and Memory pass all tests but Computer does not.

CPU and Memory pass all tests but Computer does not.

lewlking
Specifically the computer does not pass the rectangle and jump test. Idk why??? I must have done something wrong with CPU or Memory as those are the only other .hdl files in the folder.

CPU:
CPU.hdl
Memory:
Memory.hdl
Computer:
Computer.hdl

Thanks

Re: CPU and Memory pass all tests but Computer does not.

Your CPU,hdl has a problem with its jump logic.

The current Nand2Tetris distribution zip file has an ancient version of the CPU.tst in it.  Use these files to test your CPU to see and correct the error.

CPU.tst
CPU.cmp

Re: CPU and Memory pass all tests but Computer does not.

lewlking
Cool, Thanks!

Now I know where to look for my error.

Do you have other updated test files and what not I can download somewhere and use for future self-diagnosis?

Re: CPU and Memory pass all tests but Computer does not.

The latest test files are now in the .zip file on the Nand2Tetris web site.

In addition to the correct version of the CPU tests, there is an improved Memory.tst and improved project 7 StackArithmetic/StackTest files.

Re: CPU and Memory pass all tests but Computer does not.

lewlking
Thanks I noticed I didn't correctly address the jump thing because I counted zero as positive.

Also for other people to note:

The rect test draws 4 lines not 50: http://nand2tetris-questions-and-answers-forum.32033.n3.nabble.com/rect-program-screenshot-inconsistency-td3649769.html#a4025098

Coolio On I Go