CPU.hdl

savage
Hello Forum,
Could anybody tell me please, why a Mux16() which doesn't have any missing syntax, receives the following error message:
    ',' or ')' are expected

Also, in an 'hdl' file, is the order of instructions important?
If you write (for example),   Mux16(a=inputz, .......);
and this is the first time that the variable name 'inputz' has been encountered, would that cause an error message?

Cheers

John Savage

Re: CPU.hdl

I don't see anything obviously wrong.  You might try looking at the lines above and below; the Hardware Simulator may be reporting the wrong line number.

If you cant find anything, feel free to email me your CPU.hdl and I'll take a look at it.

Re: CPU.hdl

John's problem was an illegal character in a pin name. Only 'A' through 'Z', 'a' through 'z', and '0' through '9' are allowed.

--Mark