Can I connect input pin to output?

evglep
I looks like there is no way to connect input pin of a chip to it's output pin without having a dummy function in between.
Am I missing something, or it's the case?
Thanks,
Eugene

Re: Can I connect input pin to output?

That is correct. I'm pretty sure there is no need to do this, however. Having said that, there are many ways to successfully implement the various chip functions, so it might well be reasonable for your approach.

Example
I am trying to implement 1 bit to two lines decoder.

Re: Can I connect input pin to output?

evglep
Here is my current implementation:
CHIP Dec1 {
        IN N;
        OUT q1, q0;
PARTS:
        Not(in=N, out=q0);
        Or(a=N, out=q1);

Re: Can I connect input pin to output?

Are you thinking you need this for N2T? Or is it for something else?

Re: Can I connect input pin to output?

evglep wrote
Here is my current implementation:
CHIP Dec1 {
        IN N;
        OUT q1, q0;
PARTS:
        Not(in=N, out=q0);
        Or(a=N, out=q1);
}
Don't leave inputs floating. The Or gate has a 'b' input and the simulator doesn't know what to do with it. Don't assume that it is going to do what you would like it to do. Tell it what you want it to do by tying that input to the signal 'false' (no quotes).

Or(a=N, b=false, out=q1);

Re: Can I connect input pin to output?

evglep
Thanks, I will set b input to false.
This is for something else. I am trying to make an export from LogicCircuit to hdl