Can't apply the supplied compiler to my program file

Can't apply the supplied compiler to my program file

Earnie
I put the JackCompiler.bat and the JackCompiler.sh into the folder above my XXX-folder. I then opened the console and tried to start the Compiler from the location of its folder. I typed "java JackCompiler <XXX", but I got this error message: "Access denied"

What did I do wrong?

Re: Can't apply the supplied compiler to my program file

Francisco José Tornay Mej
I haven't used the compiler yet but (being bat and sh files) I think you just have to type "JackCompiler" (no java in front) and then the name of your program file. I know the program help says you have to type "java" but that's just a typo.