Chapter Down

throwaway
This time didn't need any help as the previous chapters (and cadet's generous help spurring me to understanding) prepared me for the concepts involved, and most of the chips were mainly reimplementation.  I did go through some trial and error on the PC chip.

About that PC chip: my register always has a true load flag.  What are the ways around needing a true flag, if any?

I would appreciate seeing alternate working implementations of the PC chip, so please send them in e-mails.  Cheers!

Re: Chapter Down

throwaway wrote
About that PC chip: my register always has a true load flag.  What are the ways around needing a true flag, if any?
It is very common for circuits like counters to have the register's load bit always true. It often requires more gates to take advantage of the load than are saved in the register input circuit. For example, to use the load bit in the PC you would need regLoad = Or(inc, load, reset).

--Mark