Close but no cigar

pawdwanlearner
I was reading the post about commenting the asm code to be able to relate the asm code to the vm code.  Smart idea because im finding it very easy to get lost in code . Right now i am writing the comments that describe each section before it runs. However when the CPUE opens the code all my comments are gone. Any idea on how to implement a solution to help me pinpoint where i am in code. I thought about using cadets solution generating a list that tells that has an address / asmcode format. So where ever the error is i know exactly where i am.

P.S. It's kicking my butt but i refuse to give in.

Re: Close but no cigar

pawdwanlearner wrote
I was reading the post about commenting the asm code to be able to relate the asm code to the vm code.  Smart idea because im finding it very easy to get lost in code . Right now i am writing the comments that describe each section before it runs. However when the CPUE opens the code all my comments are gone. Any idea on how to implement a solution to help me pinpoint where i am in code. I thought about using cadets solution generating a list that tells that has an address / asmcode format. So where ever the error is i know exactly where i am.

P.S. It's kicking my butt but i refuse to give in.
Unfortunately there is no way to get the CPUEmulator to display anything other than the the bare instructions.

The only option is having your ASM file with comments open in an editor. For big programs, it is really helpful to have your assembler generate a list file that shows the source code and the ROM addresses.

--Mark