Compile .vm to .hack?

darkshadow
Hi, I've written a C emulator for the hack hardware but it only works with .hack files

on the main webpage there is a cryptic clue that there one of the tools is a vm compiler but I don't see it anywhere? Is it a setting to change to jack compiler output?

Re: Compile .vm to .hack?

ivant
I think that's supposed to be developed by the student during the course. Of the tools that one has to build, only the Assembler and the JackCompiler are also provided by the course to help you if you get stuck. But there's no VM to HACK Assembly compiler.