Computer chip does not pass tests

Arjun Daddikar
Because chip part connections cannot exist in circles, I tried using registers. But, this makes the computer slow and thus it doesn't pass the tests.

Any suggestions?

Re: Computer chip does not pass tests

What do you mean by connections existing in circles?

If you mean combinatorial logic feeding back into itself, then you are doing something wrong if that is what you are trying to do.

If you mean needing to use something like an output signal to also go to some other component within the part, then there are ways of dealing with that.

Re: Computer chip does not pass tests

Arjun Daddikar
I mean that there is a sequential gate A and a sequential/combinatorial gate B. A's output depends on B's output and B's output is dependent on A's output. This is what I mean by connections existing in circles. Did you understand?

Re: Computer chip does not pass tests

What is a "sequential/combinatorial" gate?

What is gate A?

What is gate B?

How are they connected?

Re: Computer chip does not pass tests

Arjun Daddikar
Fine, if you are not able to understand what I am trying to tell you, then I will try to explain again. Here is what I mean by chip part connections exist in circles:
Suppose there is a gate A(Sequential) and a gate B(Can be sequential or combinatorial).So the output of gate A depends on the output of gate B and the output of gate B depends on the output of gate A.

Understand?

Re: Computer chip does not pass tests

ivant
The computer chip is the last one you should develop. Did you develop and test all the previous ones? Did they pass all the tests?

Which tests don't pass? Are there any which pass?

If you want meaningful answers you should try and provide as much relevant info as you can.

Re: Computer chip does not pass tests

There is no place in this project where you need to connect things up in a circle. The simulator cannot handle such circuit topologies.

If you are doing this, you are doing something wrong.

Unless you are much more explicit in what you are doing, we can't even begin to help you.

Re: Computer chip does not pass tests

Arjun Daddikar
The CPU and the Memory, both are working properly. I tested both of them using interactive and script-based simulation. I got the desired results. I then integrated  these two chips and the ROM to create the Computer. But I kept getting that cyclic error message "This chip has a circle in its part connections". Then I tried using Registers to solve the problem. But registers made the computer slow.It was just yesterday that I read a post by Schocken which said that only the ROM, CPU and the Memory chips were required to make the Computer. This means that there is a problem with the CPU, or the Memory.

Re: Computer chip does not pass tests

Okay, so there is a problem with the CPU or the Memory.

What are you expecting from us? We do not have crystal balls and we are not mind readers.

The only way we can tell you what you are doing wrong is if you show us, exactly, what you are doing.

This is like calling up a mechanic and saying that your car doesn't start when you turn the key and then, when they ask you to be more explicit, saying that when you turn the key the car doesn't start.

Re: Computer chip does not pass tests

Arjun Daddikar
Maybe I can email you the hdl code. All I need is your email address WBahn.

Re: Computer chip does not pass tests

Yeah... that's not gonna happen.

But, you can go up to the More Options menu (top right of every post) and select Reply to Author and that will let you send an e-mail to me via the forum. I don't know if you can attach a file, but if not you can just copy and paste the HDL code into the e-mail body.

Re: Computer chip does not pass tests

Arjun Daddikar
And I am sorry for the messages I sent. It is the first time I am using a web forum and I am just an 11 year old child so my communication skills are still poor.