Creating a 16bit pc with 2 8bit registers

Creating a 16bit pc with 2 8bit registers

Anon
Hi, i have been asked to make a pc using 2 8bit registers in this format
Register(in=cout,  out=out[0..7],  out=feedback,  load=true);
Register(in=cout, out=out[8..15], out=feedback, load=true);
I have been using Inc16 and Mux16, but cannot find a way to make those components work with the 8 bit registers.
Any help would be appriciated. Thanks

Re: Creating a 16bit pc with 2 8bit registers

Why are you using 8-bit registers?

Who came up with that format? It is shorting the outputs together via the signal 'feedback'.

If you understand how to make a 16-bit PC with a 16-bit register, then the focus should be on how to make a 16-bit register using two 8-bit registers.

Re: Creating a 16bit pc with 2 8bit registers

Anon
Thats the bit im struggling on. I cant seem to get 2 8 bit registers to work as 1 16 bit register. As this is a unique problem I cant find any help online

Re: Creating a 16bit pc with 2 8bit registers

So you have 16 bits of data coming in and a signal that controls whether you want to load that data into the register or not, right?

What happens if you think of that data coming in as consisting of two 8-bit chunks of data?