DMux16 needed?

linuxford
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DMux16 needed?

linuxford
linuxford wrote
In designing the ALU, it would seem that some sort of Demuxing would need to be done to steer the outputs to the appropriate paths depending on the control bit flags. Is this correct?
If so, I am wondering why we didn't create a DMux16 in chapter 1 or 2?

Could you please give me a hint.
Thank you.
Haha... I think the answer just came. Take the two paths, and then MUX to select which path to output.

Re: DMux16 needed?

linuxford
This book is so cool!!  Also, this forum is very key for me in getting over some of the humps. Thanks Mark and team.

I actually built and successfully tested an ALU!  Who would of known you could build an ALU out of nothing but NAND gates.