DMux8Way 3-bit, 6-bit, 9-bit etc..

jorden
For my implementation of the memory chips I ended up making 3-bit, 6-bit etc. versions of the DMux8Way chip to pass the appropriate portion of the address down the line. Am I on the wrong track here or does everybody just use a few bits from the DMux8Way 16-bit version?

Having a blast btw! Great project, excellent scaffolding, lots of fun.

Re: DMux8Way 3-bit, 6-bit, 9-bit etc..

jorden wrote
For my implementation of the memory chips I ended up making 3-bit, 6-bit etc. versions of the DMux8Way chip to pass the appropriate portion of the address down the line. Am I on the wrong track here or does everybody just use a few bits from the DMux8Way 16-bit version?
You should not need any multi-bit versions of DMux8Way in your memory chips.

Does it matter what the value of a RAM's 'in' is if its 'load' is 0?
Does it matter what the value of a RAM's 'address' is if its 'out' is being ignored?

Re: DMux8Way 3-bit, 6-bit, 9-bit etc..

jorden
Aha! :)