Data Sheets for parts? what is the distinction between: Register, ARegister, DRegister

Data Sheets for parts? what is the distinction between: Register, ARegister, DRegister

MarinaP
This post was updated on .
Is there a Data Sheets for parts?

Looking at "Figure A.6 All the built-in chips supplied"

I cannot see a distinction, other than the name, for: Register, ARegister, and DRegister

Edit:  I see that Register has no GUI on the HW simulator, but that both ARegister and DRegister do have.

Re: Data Sheets for parts? what is the distinction between: Register, ARegister, DRegister

Register is simply a generic register.

ARegister and DRegister are specific registers in the CPU implementation that have GUI components so that the emulators can show you their contents on the screen.

Re: Data Sheets for parts? what is the distinction between: Register, ARegister, DRegister

MarinaP
Thanks very much for your reply.
It seems they have the exact same function then?  Just a different name?  I used them as expected but I was wondering if they are otherwise the same part.

-M

Re: Data Sheets for parts? what is the distinction between: Register, ARegister, DRegister

ivant
MarinaP wrote
Thanks very much for your reply.
It seems they have the exact same function then?  Just a different name?  I used them as expected but I was wondering if they are otherwise the same part.

-M
Yes, the have the same function. The hardware simulator treats ARegister and DRegister a bit specially: it shows them in the UI.