Error When Setting Up Software Suite

shayborg
Hi,
I am trying to setup the software suite to go with the Nand2Tetris course/book. I extracted the zip file with no problem, but when I try to run the command ~/Desktop/nand2tetris/tools/Assembler.sh in the terminal I get the follow Java error: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library: /usr/lib/jvm/java-17-openjdk-17.0.3.0.7-2.fc36.x86_64/lib/libawt_xawt.so.

(There are a bunch more lines to go with this error message but I didn't think they were needed)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Re: Error When Setting Up Software Suite

ivant
You probably installed the so called "headless" Java packages. These are intended mostly for servers and have no GUI capabilities. You should install full packages instead.

Alternatively, you can use a tool like SDKMAN! to install Java.

Re: Error When Setting Up Software Suite

shayborg
Thanks! That worked.