Error - unknown expression @10

Kuro
We were supposed to produce a file written in Hack assembly language right?

So why would I be getting this error?

Re: Error - unknown expression @10

jruder
I'm getting the same thing. The test script loads an asm file, so I don't know what's wrong. I tried copying a asm file from Project 6 and I get the same error.

Re: Error - unknown expression @10

jruder
I thought it might be a line ending issue, but it's not. Is there something fundamental we're missing?

Re: Error - unknown expression @10

It looks like you may be trying to load assembly language into the VM emulator.

You want to be using the CPU Emulator to test your generated code.

You can load the xxxVME.tst files into the VM Emulator and they will load the VM source code that you are translating.  Single stepping the VM code will let you see what's supposed to be happening in the virtual machine in response to each VM command.

--Mark