Fill.asm -- takes too long to paint screen black?

Fill.asm -- takes too long to paint screen black?

sakumar
On the CPU emulator, even with the speed slider moved all the way to "fast", I found it was very slow so eventually I wrote -1 to just 8 locations (and not 8192).

Writing to 8 locations is sufficient to verify that my fill.asm program is correct but I was wondering if there was something else I should have done to speed up the program?

Is that consistent with other people's experience as well? Did you actually paint the entire screen black? If so, how long did it take to do that in the CPU emulator?

Re: Fill.asm -- takes too long to paint screen black?

ybakos
Be sure to turn "animation off" via the dropdown list.

Re: Fill.asm -- takes too long to paint screen black?

sakumar
Thanks! Turning off animation did the trick.

Re: Fill.asm -- takes too long to paint screen black?

dannyrose42
THANK YOU! I was thinking "this can't possibly be right" lol