Fill.asm

Zorro
I actually have 2 solutions for this project, the one I think will work, and the one I'd prefer to go.
One is to iteraty from start to end of the screen memory and change the content of all following registers one by one within a another loop. I guess this is the save way.

What I actually would like to do is to initalyze a shadow screen somewhere in the memory. Let's say I choose a variable @keypressed to any  free memory location, set all following registers to -1 and then in the loop which waits for a key to be pressed, I just swap the address of (screen) between its normal location and my chosen one. That would change all pixels at once in one cyle.

Is that somehow possible?

Re: Fill.asm

ivant
Zorro wrote
I actually have 2 solutions for this project, the one I think will work, and the one I'd prefer to go.
One is to iteraty from start to end of the screen memory and change the content of all following registers one by one within a another loop. I guess this is the save way.
Why do you need a second loop?

Zorro wrote
What I actually would like to do is to initalyze a shadow screen somewhere in the memory. Let's say I choose a variable @keypressed to any  free memory location, set all following registers to -1 and then in the loop which waits for a key to be pressed, I just swap the address of (screen) between its normal location and my chosen one. That would change all pixels at once in one cyle.

Is that somehow possible?
Not without hardware modifications. Plus, the screen requires a lot of memory, so might want to find a way to add and address more.

Re: Fill.asm

Zorro
This post was updated on .
ivant wrote
Why do you need a second loop?
I don't, sorry, my english is bad late at nights and before the breakfast.

ivant wrote
Not without hardware modifications. Plus, the screen requires a lot of memory, so might want to find a way to add and address more.
I'll keep that in mind for my fpga chipset.

Thank you ivant

Re: Fill.asm

Zorro
Finally passed the project 4 test! I just want to say that this was yet the by far biggest challenge for me since the beginning of the course.

I fell to often into algorythms I'd use in C, Java or VB.

My advice to all who like me have had some problems with hack assembler at the beginning, take a closer look at the table "C-instruction specification" and experiment a bit with "dest, comp & jump". That'll help a lot, I promise!