Fill.asm works with animation, doesn't work without

Fill.asm works with animation, doesn't work without

phsteve
I got Fill.asm to work properly, but it only works when I have "Program Flow" animation on. When I turn animations off to make it run faster, it says "Running..." in the lower left but the screen doesn't respond to keyboard input at all. Any ideas? Not sure if I should paste my code or not...

Re: Fill.asm works with animation, doesn't work without

phsteve wrote
I got Fill.asm to work properly, but it only works when I have "Program Flow" animation on. When I turn animations off to make it run faster, it says "Running..." in the lower left but the screen doesn't respond to keyboard input at all. Any ideas? Not sure if I should paste my code or not...
Very strange...

You can email me your code and I'll take a look at it.

Re: Fill.asm works with animation, doesn't work without

Stujo
I have the same problem. Was there a resolution to this problem? I am using Java 14.0.1 on OS Catalina.

Re: Fill.asm works with animation, doesn't work without

This may or may not help you.

At the bottom of the screen image area is a button with a picture of a keyboard on it. Try clicking on that with the mouse (left button). In my version (running on Win7) the button is a dark blue when the keyboard is enabled and a light grey when it is not.

Also, be sure that the "View" at the top is set for "Screen".

Re: Fill.asm works with animation, doesn't work without

Stujo
Thanks for the response! I just realized my problems and fixed my program seconds ago. My loop was ending after filling the screen instead of rechecking the keyboard. Also, I had to change my loop condition to 8192 from 8191. I thought 8192 would end in the keyboard register, but it was a line short of filling the screen. So my loop was the whole problem, which is why it seemed to work when animating because, like any sane person, I never waited until the screen filled.