Finished the book, after a very, very long break.

Finished the book, after a very, very long break.

olibrook
Just a quick shout to say thanks to the authors/moderators for such a challenging course now that I've finally finished.

I started self-studying the book in 2012(!!) and raced my way through to the end of chapter 11 in a couple of months. Once I had the compiler working I ran out of steam - that was a big challenge for me - and never finished the OS.

I revisited the OS this week. Had forgotten EVERYTHING but finally got it all working. That I was still motivated enough to finish the book after so much time off is a testament to the quality of the book and the fun of getting your own implementation up and running from scratch.

Only improvements which stick out in my mind could be:

- Tests for a specific, recommended malloc/deAlloc/defrag implementation. This is really difficult to debug.
- A little more clarity on the left-alignment of character bitmaps in the OS Output class.

Re: Finished the book, after a very, very long break.

ybakos
Awesome!

Re: Finished the book, after a very, very long break.

Congratulations!

--Mark