Gateclass name expected

runningdawg
This cropped up for the first time while trying to implement the ALU chip. It flags the first time I invoke the Mux4Way16 chip. Unfortunately the message is predictably too cryptic to be very helpful. What is a gateclass name and why wouldn't the Mux4Way16 chip be considered one? Moreover, even if i comment out that line in the code I get the same error message on the following line. Something else is going on I suspect.

Re: Gateclass name expected

ybakos
This is likely a syntax error in your HDL (often a forgotten capital letter or other common error).

Email me your ALU.hdl and I'll take a quick look.

Re: Gateclass name expected

runningdawg
Thanks for you reply. The error turned out to be a misplaced comma on one of the lines! Way over in the margin of Notepad so that it wasn't immediately apparent. I guess if I get that message again I'll go looking for similar types of mistakes in my code.