General Question

HighSchoolerWhoAsksHowTooMuch
Hi all,

This is a general question.

I am almost done with chapter 12. However, I remember skipping one step in an earlier chapter that I would like to go back to. I am forgetting which chapter it was in (maybe 6 or 8) but after compiling/assembling the program you had to write an infinite loop. I did not do this and would like. Does anybody know which project I am talking about?

Thank you!

Re: General Question

I think what you are looking for is in Section 8.3.2 (of the 1st Ed). The Sys.init function is responsible for calling Main.main and then entering an infinite loop.

So the implementation of this behavior is actually in Chapter 12 as part of Sys.init. This isn't made very explicit, which it should be.

The good news is that you are talking about adding one line of code to Sys.init, assuming you've implemented the rest of the Sys library.

Good job on getting to the end!

Re: General Question

HighSchoolerWhoAsksHowTooMuch
Thank you! (I still have a few classes left to write in chapter 12. I hope to finish over the next 3 days.)