Greetings!

deltanull
Thought i'd say hello, and introduce my self.

I'm a 3rd year computer Science student and I've been looking for a project that I would be able to tackle with my 12 year daughter one that would challenge both of us.  She has been coding since the age of 9 in simple languages like Python / JS / Blocks and I've been trying to instil the importance of discovery on her building things from first principals this course seems like the best way to accomplish this.  Last years project was a robot she built and programmed.  Unfortunately She completed it in 24 hours.  I hope together we are able to finish this course as it would be a huge milestone at such a young age. (although i'm suspicious that her mathematical disadvantage may halt progress).

In any case I will be doing sections ahead of time, prior to doing them with her, as to gauge if she's ready to tackle a section.  I don't want her to be discountenanced by the formidable nature of the material.

If anyone can give me some incite into the complexity of the mathematics involved in this course I would appreciate that.  I'm hoping it does not go past a basic understanding of high-school algebra.

Re: Greetings!

I can't think of anything that someone with basic algebra skills can't handle from a math standpoint.

You may have to illustrate some of the concepts involved and walk her through a number of simplified toy examples.