HDL does not appear to conform to specification in Appendix A

HDL does not appear to conform to specification in Appendix A

jsp1611
Hi there,
I've been playing around with HDL whilst working through chapter 3. I've reread appendix A a few times, and I'm a bit confused.

Appendix A appears to state that HDL supports the keywords "BUILTIN" and "CLOCKED", but I get errors in the hardware simulator whenever I try and open a file with these keywords in. For example, the following definition for Bit is not accepted by the Hardware simulator:

CHIP Bit {

    IN  in, load;
    OUT out;
    BUILTIN DFF;
    CLOCKED in, out;

    PARTS:
    Mux(a=feedback,b=in,sel=load,out=dffin);
    DFF(in=dffin,out=out,out=feedback);
}

But if I remove the lines "BUILTIN" and "CLOCKED" this chip works.

What is going on here? Are these keywords supported or not? Have I misread the text?

Jon

Re: HDL does not appear to conform to specification in Appendix A

BUILTIN and CLOCK keywords are only for chips that are implemented with Java classes instead of HDL in the PARTS section.  Unless you are creating new built-in chips you don't use them.

--Mark