HardwareSimulator not cooperating for testing Memory.hdl

HardwareSimulator not cooperating for testing Memory.hdl

gcgsauce
I am on Mac. It keeps saying "Before you run this script, select the 'Screen' option from the 'View' menu" after I load my test. If I select screen first, then load test, the screen disappears, and test shows up. If I select screen, the test disappears. If I expand screen in to full it doesnt look any different, the space the simulator takes up is pretty small

Re: HardwareSimulator not cooperating for testing Memory.hdl

Not sure if this will address your problem or not, but the "screen" it is referring to the right hand pane of the simulator window and it has four options (Script, Output, Compare, and Screen)

Whenever you load a script, it changes to Script mode. So you have to change it to Screen AFTER you load the script. After selecting Screen it will be blank until you start running the script (click the single step icon -- the single '>') and you should see the screen (all white) in the top of the right pane)

Re: HardwareSimulator not cooperating for testing Memory.hdl

gcgsauce
right. I followed those instructions but I don't see the test script anymore in the simulator, it's just replaced it with the screen stuff. Is that what's expected?

Re: HardwareSimulator not cooperating for testing Memory.hdl

Yes. You have a choice of exactly one of those four things. You can't see both the screen and the script at the same time.

Re: HardwareSimulator not cooperating for testing Memory.hdl

gcgsauce
Thanks for the response...one problem I've been having is the built in chip for the Screen seems to have some bug...it works the first time when i enter the values (0+ doesnt have the output bit set yet), but when I reset and do it again it doesn't work as seen in the image below. I feel like this is affecting the testing of my actual Memory.hdl as well because the output for the screen chip in the middle of the clock cycle is the input bit....any ideas?

after reset, with same values...

I'm also getting some errors logged into terminal. Got an NPE, array out of bounds exception. Is the mac client not really all there?

Re: HardwareSimulator not cooperating for testing Memory.hdl

What do you mean by "when you enter the values"?

I don't do Mac, so I don't know specifics about running the tools on there.

However, I don't think there are any major issues, otherwise the forum would be flooded with people having problems.

Another image of when it initially works before resetting...

Re: HardwareSimulator not cooperating for testing Memory.hdl

gcgsauce
it's just some test values that I have. i understand that logic but as you can see in the image provided, the output of the screen isnt actually being reset as the screen chip seems to remember the output from when it worked (12345), and even when i reset it, the output mid clock cycle is still the previous output.

Re: HardwareSimulator not cooperating for testing Memory.hdl

I thought you were trying to run the test script. If so, don't dink around with anything, just run the test script. If you change something and it results in a line in the output not matching the line in the compare file, the test script will terminate.

Are you trying to do something manually? If so, don't load the test script.