How do I use the built-in chips?

Steve
I'm trying to build the RAM4K chip, but it's taking forever to load. I understand this could be because it's trying to load the RAM512 chip I wrote. How do I use the built-in chips instead?

I don't have any other chips in the same directory right now, and it's still taking forever to load.

Also, once I write this chip, do I need to move it to another directory so the RAM16K chip doesn't use it?

Thanks.

Re: How do I use the built-in chips?

ybakos
The project has two separate directories to help leverage the use of built-in chips. Don't modify the directory structure -- your RAM512, RAM4K, RAM16K should be in the "2" directory.

Given that you haven't modified the layout of the project, loading RAM4K should not "take forever" to load.

To answer your question (how do I use the built-in chips?), your .hdl implementation will use a built-in chip given that a corresponding .hdl definition for the chip you wish to use does not exist in your current working directory.

Never mind - figured it out.

Re: How do I use the built-in chips?

Steve
Got it, thanks for the response.