How many hours should this take?

Maxwell
I'm a highschool student currently taking AP Computer Science (Java), with a basic understanding of Python. I plan on taking Nand2Tetris as an independent study course next year (my senior year). I need to know the average amount of hours I should expect to complete this course in in order to pitch the course. As it is now I'll have about 1.5 hours each day allotted for the course. Will this be ample time to complete the coursework? Roughly how much work should I expect to take home if I run over? Please respond as soon as you can. Thank you!

Re: How many hours should this take?

Maxwell wrote
I'm a highschool student currently taking AP Computer Science (Java), with a basic understanding of Python. I plan on taking Nand2Tetris as an independent study course next year (my senior year). I need to know the average amount of hours I should expect to complete this course in in order to pitch the course. As it is now I'll have about 1.5 hours each day allotted for the course. Will this be ample time to complete the coursework? Roughly how much work should I expect to take home if I run over? Please respond as soon as you can. Thank you!
1.5 hours per day, 5 days per week for a semester should be enough. Here's what ybakos, who teaches the course at the university level says in another thread. "I conduct three 50-minute lectures/discussions per week. One project assignment per week, until project 10, after which it's 2 weeks per assignment."

Re: How many hours should this take?

Go for it!