I need more syntax HDL code.

C.W Park
There is too short  for us to describe in the book

It is harder than C Language.

Re: I need more syntax HDL code.

ybakos
I strongly disagree. It is far more simple than C!

While the reader might benefit from additional HDL examples in the text, part of the principals behind the book are hacking and exploring. As such, I feel that there's just enough HDL information in there to get you going, and enough hints to discover. You just need to spend time with this stuff.

Re: I need more syntax HDL code.

easytiger
I had never written HDL before attempting these problems and now I am just a couple short of finishing all of the first chapter, I really don't think the "language" is at all the hard part. Do you have any specific problems?

Remember to walk through the presentations on the Software page to get to know how to go about using it.

Re: I need more syntax HDL code.

Shjanzey
The biggest problem I ran into was trying to thinking of it in terms of high level programming.  I kept wanting to use loops, set variables, etc.  Once I forced myself to think in terms of incoming and outgoing bits, this language is extremely easy.  Fundamentally you only need to know the basic logic gates and that is your entire language.  The rest you can build up yourself.

Re: I need more syntax HDL code.

Phil
It took me some time to get the syntax, because it feels upside down.
I would have expected something ilke:

nandoutputvariable = Nand(input1, input2)

but the corresponding hdl-syntax is:

Nand(a = input1, b = input2, out = nandoutputvariable)

So you have to keep the proper interface in mind  (i.e. the arguments on the left hand side of the "=")
Considering the Chips to be subroutines rather than functions helps, too.

It reminded me of ancient COBOL where you express
a = b
by
move (b, a)

Re: I need more syntax HDL code.

HDL is not a programming language, it is a description of a schematic diagram.

Read these posts, they should help you understand it.
    Helpful HDL philosophy
    Hardware Construction Survival Kit

--Mark