If the argument given to the Virtual Machine Translator is a directory, where should the VM Translator put the translated code?

If the argument given to the Virtual Machine Translator is a directory, where should the VM Translator put the translated code?

A_Random_Person
I am at that point where I am almost completely finished, but justone quick question. If the argument given to the Virtual Machine Translator is a directory, where should the VM Translator put the translated code?

Re: If the argument given to the Virtual Machine Translator is a directory, where should the VM Translator put the translated code?

At first glance the spec appears to be specific, but it is actually ambiguous (I think).

It states that the source argument is of the form "Xxx.vm" and that the resulting "Xxx.asm" file should go in the same directory as the input Xxx.

But if the source argument is a directory (no ".vm") on the end, what is meant by the directory where the input Xxx is located? It's quite reasonable to interpret it as meaning the directory "Xxx", but this is not consistent with all of the test scripts which expect the Xxx.asm file to be located in the same directory as all of the .vm files. To avoid having to move them around I would recommend putting the asm file into the directory containing the .vm files. Since there should be only one such file, that shouldn't be a problem.

Re: If the argument given to the Virtual Machine Translator is a directory, where should the VM Translator put the translated code?

A_Random_Person
Thanks. That helped a lot.