In line 1, Unexpected end of line

hiddenterrain
The test that I'm working on Fibonacci Series, but when I load my .asm file into CPUEmulator I get this error. This is before I even load a test script, The actual command is "push argument 1" and the first line my code generators is "@ARG". Now, in the previous test "push argument 0" is used and my code translates it fine, as it passed that test. As well, all other push tests have been passed by this very same code. The book specifically states that this test does not require me to implement the bootstrap code, but to be sure I manually typed bootstrap code into the file. I'm genuinely not sure what is causing this error.

Re: In line 1, Unexpected end of line

There's no way I can tell without seeing your code.

I have generally encountered this problem when loading one kind of file in a manner that the tool is expecting another kind.

Are you using the GUI or the command line? Sounds like you are using the GUI.

If you e-mail your .asm file to me I'll take a look at it and see if I can spot anything. You can send me an e-mail by clicking on my name and then choosing the option to send me an e-mail. Post a response here if you do that so that I can look for it -- Nabble doesn't have a stellar track record of actually processing e-mail requests.

If you don't have permission to include an attachment, just copy and paste your code into the e-mail body.

Re: In line 1, Unexpected end of line

hiddenterrain
There was an error in the code due to me not realizing that an if-goto was meant to consume the value before the stack pointer. Thank you for offering to help me.

Re: In line 1, Unexpected end of line

Sure thing. Glad you found and fixed the problem.

Not sure that I understand how that kind of logic error would lead to an unexpected end of file error upon loading the .asm file, though.