Inc16 Help?

happyhog11
Hi all,

This may seem really stupid but I cant get the Inc16 to work, been working for ages on it now.
I at first modified a Add16 and set b to always be true but that doesn't increment it flips the binary values. I think this is probably going to be something super simple but I am lost.

Thanks
Joel

Re: Inc16 Help?

happyhog11
Ahh got it don't worry.

I just have to set the first adder to true but the rest to false,

Thanks
Joel

Re: Inc16 Help?

Think about this: what's the signed binary value of the all 1's word?

When you set all the B inputs to true, you made a decrementer!

--Mark