Is a new edition on the way?

Andreas
Hi,

I completed TECS quite a while ago and absolutely loved it. The idea behind TECS is clearly to provide users with an understanding of how computers work at the most basic level; we don't learn to make a modern computer for example - that would require far too much work anyway. However, I was wondering whether we could expect a new edition in the near future which adds new content, such as networking, reading from volatile memory, CPU caching, etc.? I think it should be a two-part book: the first part remains just like TECS (with errata resolved of course), and the second part makes us go back and develop upon the first part.

I need a TECS 2!

If anyone agrees, perhaps you could post what you would like to see in a second edition if it were to be made.