Is there something wrong with RAM8.tst?

TileSeeker

If you look at the screen to the far right, there is a yellow line in the .tst file that is giving me an error. The .tst file is saying that it was expecting a 0 where my RAM8 gave it a 11111, but the timer hasn`t counted to the next periode yet so the output has not been uppdated yet.

Is the .tst wrong or am i forgetting something important?

Re: Is there something wrong with RAM8.tst?

TileSeeker wrote
... The .tst file is saying that it was expecting a 0 where my RAM8 gave it a 11111, but the timer hasn`t counted to the next periode yet so the output has not been uppdated yet.

Is the .tst wrong or am i forgetting something important?
The memory chips have a "split personality."

The writing part of a RAM works as a synchronous sequential circuit. If load is true, it stores the data presented on its input into the storage cell (Register) at address when the clock ticks.

The reading part of a RAM works as an asynchronous circuit with respect to the output of the storage cells and the address.  The output of the RAM always shows the value of the storage cell with address, without requiring the clock to tick.

In short, the output from the Registers need to get to the RAM's output without going through any clocked chips.

--Mark