Just a word of warning about the CPU

rogerdodger91
Dont mux negate the individual bits in the decoder when i=0. You will be sorry like I am. :(

Re: Just a word of warning about the CPU

rogerdodger91 wrote
Dont mux negate the individual bits in the decoder when i=0. You will be sorry like I am. :(
Rogerdodger ran into a problem with the CPU-external.cmp file.  The version that is currently on the TECS site has hard-coded values for the outM values for A-instructions; it should have ******* like CPU.cmp does.

Here is a corrected version and the .tst file to use with it.
    CPU-external.cmp
    CPU-external.tst

--Mark
bb

Re: Just a word of warning about the CPU

bb
Would be nice if this update was posted in the downloads...

The tutorial is nice, but is getting old and has very rough edges.  I'll check back on it later before I throw it at my students.