Making Sense of Java Compiler Error Message

Making Sense of Java Compiler Error Message

Mike In Chicago
I'm getting the following error message when I attempt to compile my Math.jack OS library:

"In Math.jack (line 46): In subroutine multiply: Subroutine Math.convertToBin called as a method from within a function"

What does this error mean? How do I rectify it?

Re: Making Sense of Java Compiler Error Message

Mike In Chicago

I figured it out - I was trying to call other functions from within my multiply function but I left off the "Math." stem (i.e., for the error I mentioned above, I was using "convertToBin" when I should have been using "Math.convertToBin"