Mult.tst is not working

TileSeeker
When i try to compare my Mult.asm with the Mult.tst file in the CPU emulater i always get the error:
Mult.hack doesn`t exist. what am i doing wrong?

Re: Mult.tst is not working

TileSeeker wrote
When i try to compare my Mult.asm with the Mult.tst file in the CPU emulater i always get the error:
Mult.hack doesn`t exist. what am i doing wrong?
You need to use the Assembler to translate your Mult.asm source file into the Mult.hack binary file.

Re: Mult.tst is not working

accfcx
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Mult.tst is not working

ivant
The task is to write a program, which would multiply the values of R0 and R1 and put the result in R2. The test checks this for several cases.

Your program seems to store the result in @sum instead.

RE: Mult.tst is not working

accfcx
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

RE: Mult.tst is not working

ivant
Let's focus on the Mult for the moment. Have you managed to fix it and pass the original, unmodified test?

RE: Mult.tst is not working

accfcx
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

RE: Mult.tst is not working

ivant
Do you need to use sum at all? Why don't you just use R2 instead?

RE: Mult.tst is not working

accfcx
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

RE: Mult.tst is not working

ivant
I tried it and it's working fine. Are you sure you have the unmodified Mult.tst?

P.S. Please remove the Mult.asm code from the three posts.

RE: Mult.tst is not working

accfcx

I have deleted them just now. Thanks to your help.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I tried it and it's working fine. Are you sure you have the unmodified Mult.tst?

P.S. Please remove the Mult.asm code from the three posts.

http://nand2tetris-questions-and-answers-forum.32033.n3.nabble.com/Mult-tst-is-not-working-tp4029628p4031116.html

To unsubscribe from Mult.tst is not working, click here.
NAML