Mux8way for driving program counter load?

Ty

Mux8way for driving program counter load?

Ty
To drive the program counter load pin I find that I really want a Mux8way chip so that I can easily select from the 8 possible results from the jump logic (slide 44, chapter 4).  Since we only created a Mux8way16 chip I assume that I'm thinking about this incorrectly.

Any suggestions on how I am meant to be thinking about this?

I guess I could convert each of the 8 single bit jump logic results into 16bit values and then just use a single bit of the Mux8way16 output to drive the PC load pin. It seems a bit silly to do that though.

Re: Mux8way for driving program counter load?

It's not necessarily that you are wrong, just not going about it in the manner they are trying to lead you toward.

Think about the if-then-else if-then... description given for what the program counter needs to do and you will likely see the path forward.
Ty

Re: Mux8way for driving program counter load?

Ty
This post was updated on .
Thanks.  After looking at the PC again I managed to get the jump logic.