Nand-gate Implemenation

RicheeRich
Ok...so I am back, have been missing for about 6 months, and was wondering something...When I first started this project I actually figured out how to implement the Nand gate...now that I have come back it seems as if I can't remember but if I remember correctly is it going to go something like this:

CHIP Nand{

    IN a, b;
    OUT out;

    PARTS:

    Nand(...);
    Nand(...);
    Nand(...);
    Nand(...);

Also, in the notes I have read that there is no need in implementing the Nand gate...is this true??

Thanx,
Richard

Re: Nand-gate Implemenation

The Nand gate is built-in. Do not try to implement it.

You should not have a Nand.hdl anywhere, except for nand2tetris/tools/builtInChips/Nand.hdl which is the built-in prototype.

--Mark