Not gate with Nand gate

thenar
Hey ive been having some trouble trying to do a not gate with a nand gate i have gotten all of the other gates except and but not is giving me some trouble if you could help me solve this problem that would be fantastic.

Re: Not gate with Nand gate

ybakos
I'll give you a hint: you can build this with just one NAND gate.

Re: Not gate with Nand gate

thenar
I know it only requires one Nand gate but this is my code

Nand (a = in, b = in, out = notin);

if you see the problem it would be great if you could help me

Re: Not gate with Nand gate

ybakos
You're so close!

What do you think should be wired to the 'out' output of Not?

Re: Not gate with Nand gate

thenar
Im not sure nota maybe?
ewh

Re: Not gate with Nand gate

ewh
Take a closer look at Appendix A.  Specifically take a look at sections A.1, A.4, and A.5.  These sections should clarify how to wire the chip's input pins to internal parts, and wire the outputs of the internal parts to the chip's output pin.

Re: Not gate with Nand gate

thenar
oh my god i finally got it thank you all so much

Re: Not gate with Nand gate

oborob
is this for applying computer related principles
or for guessing some supposedly obvious
syntax, perhaps your private rite of initiation?

Re: Not gate with Nand gate

ybakos
@oborob: I'm confused, what exactly are you asking? If you've read the book through chapter 1, and the appendix, solving Not should be easy once you understand the concepts presented in the reading.