Open Source Code

javalilly
Hello,

I wanted to know if the code for the NAND 2 Tetris tools was open source and if so, where is it available? Or do I need to contact one of the authors directly? I would like to make some changes to the screen capabilities in the CPU emulator?

Thanks

Re: Open Source Code

javalilly wrote
I wanted to know if the code for the NAND 2 Tetris tools was open source and if so, where is it available?
Go to the Nand2Tetris Software page.
At the bottom of the page is a link "download the source code".

Re: Open Source Code

javalilly
Thanks!

Re: Open Source Code

ybakos
Are these github repos official in any way?

Re: Open Source Code

Dennis
Hard to say, but i don't think so.

This is basical just the source tarball from the Nand2Tetris homepage, with only some minor additionally commits, all done by David Lu (GitHub/Homepage). But since the source code is under the GPLv2 (or later), everyone is allowed to upload a fork to github. Just the use of the project name (nand2tetris) as username is a bit misleading.