PC.hdl

Electron
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: PC.hdl

Electron wrote
I'm also a little confused on how Inc is supposed to be incremented from OUT if it is the first...
PC is another feedback loop circuit like Bit.

By setting the Register's load=true, you are turning the Register into a DFF16. The Inc16 and the Mux16s are the feedback control circuitry. They are like the Mux in the Bit.

Re: PC.hdl

Electron
OK, looking over the Bit code, I understand that, now. My logic in turning the register to true was that it would always put out the next time step, regardless of what happened in the combinatorial stages before.

But I'm still running into a comparison error on line 7, set load 1. Do I have the wrong order?

Re: PC.hdl

The Mux16s are in the correct order.  The only problem in your circuit is where the Inc16 gets its input.

Where did the Mux in the Bit get its input when it wasn't loading?

(FWIW, in my PC I just connect b=false in the reset mux.)

Re: PC.hdl

Electron
And, lo and behold, I remember to look back at my old Bit code...

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it.