Pong.asm comparison error

Ferg
Hi,

I've written the assembler in Python, a language I'm not used to but felt the need to try out.

It now compiles all the other .asm files including some of my own without errors but not Pong.

The error seems to be with the (jump variable) lines and the addresses I am assigning them. But I can't figure out what is wrong. I've tried various ways of implementing and am at a loss as how to fix it.

I've noticed the variable strings have a '.' in them which may be causing an issue too, although I'm not sure why.

The program runs 3 loops though the data: The first removes comments, the second deals with the (jump variable), the third then interprets commands and translates to 16 bit binary lines to write to the file.

I know I'm not supposed to post working code here so is there any way someone can look at it for me? Or is it ok to post the bit of code I'm pretty sure isn't working?

Re: Pong.asm comparison error

Ferg wrote
I know I'm not supposed to post working code here so is there any way someone can look at it for me? Or is it ok to post the bit of code I'm pretty sure isn't working?
You can send it to me at [my user name]@pobox.com and I'll be happy to take a look at it.  FWIW, I also chose to write my Hack assembler in Python.

--Mark

[You might want to become a registered user.  Then you will be able to send private messages to other registered users via the forum.]

Re: Pong.asm comparison error

Ferg
I just sent it. Thanks Mark.