Possible to extend course to cover networks?

Possible to extend course to cover networks?

kqian
I realize this course has already done a lot by covering everything from nand gates to a working computer, but would it be possible to extend the tools to cover more topics like networks? If it's technical possible I would like to contribute to that goal.

Re: Possible to extend course to cover networks?

ybakos
Anything is possible... but this is a tremendous challenge.

Re: Possible to extend course to cover networks?

ouverson
Are you aware of a similar "nand2tetris" type course on networking?

Re: Possible to extend course to cover networks?

Lozminda
I would be vaguely up for contributing to that in about 2 years time ! (Got too much on at the mo).

But I'm not a computer scientist (just a noob coder), don't know anything about networks, but was a language and maths teacher. Am also a self employed and have done a bit of management. So I bring a little bit to the table.

We'd probably need to get a team together first, and then do a bit of research, make sure it hasn't already been done, then discuss some goals, framework all that jazz.

So the first bit, probably not too arduous, and I could even contribute at this point (if my skills were deemed neccessary)

A bit ahead:
Any simulators are probably gonna have to be written in Java (drat), could they be written in Python I wonder ?